Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How has the economic recession affected you and your family?

For me, I'm a 20 year-old College student, I had a Job were my hours were cut every month, until unemployment. Now, I have College expenses plowed on me, with no job. My rigorous job searches had led me to find out that the little jobs at McDonald's (like being a cashier) or Home Depot (being a sales associate) are being applied for by College grads. In fact, the recession took a toll so bad, I learned how to cut my own hair, no more 20$ haircut every month. Instead of throwing a shirt or jeans away when it rips or a button pops off, I sew it back. Instead of shopping for grocery's, plus other essentials at Wal-Mart, you will find me at a Save-Alot grocery store or Dollar Tree. I have been hit in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment